SHA offers a broad education where academic excellence is complemented by cultural and personal development. The learning community of SHA shares a commitment to supporting the needs of our pupils. We hold in our hearts the belief that everyone has the potential to improve in personal and academic terms and that we all have a contribution to make to the wider community. With this purpose in mind the school seeks:
- to be an independent school providing education of the highest quality.
- to be open to students with the ability to benefit from its education regardless of social, religious or ethnic background.
- to treat each student as a valued individual and to provide an effective system of constant care.
- to ensure broad and balance in the academic curriculum and through a rich and varied extra-curricular program.
- to promote and develop our links with parents, alumni and the wider community.
- to enable each student to fulfill his or her potential and to grow towards reflective, responsible adulthood.
- to provide practical education establishing laboratories in different subjects where knowledge and understanding is not the matter of exposition but the matter of self realization, generalization and application.